Before you come for me (lol), I’ve been getting my nails done in London my whole life and whilst I’ve never been 100% loyal to a particular salon I have noticed a few things are prevalent throughout the years.
1. Your Appointment is rarely kept to. You better set aside a 2-3 hour window and be prepared to either wait for your service or your nails to dry.
2. They’ll make you pay for flip-flops so come prepared. Set a reminder before you go, keep a pair in your car or pop to Primark before your appointment (if you have one).
3. Someone will always bring their badly behaved child in *sigh*
4. Some nail techs get offended when you see a mistake in their work. Criticism has gotta be constructive right?
View this post on Instagram
The only nudes I have on my camera roll 🤔 . Booked via my favourite app @treatwell_uk #treatwellpartner #teamtreatwell [you can get £10 off your first booking with the code MYTREAT10] . . . . #lbloggersuk #bbloggersuk #bloggers #aesthetics #aesthetic #tumblr #adenfilter #snakeprint #mani #manicure #nails #shellac #gelnails #beautyblogger #bloggerstribe #fblchat #blogginggals
5. The colour you want is always finished or never in stock. Namely OPI Bubble Bath, ummm if you know it’s popular, why not stock up.
6. They’ll know if you went to another salon.
I’m on the fence about this one as I like trying out different salons like I’m exploring at the moment as a #TeamTreatwell partner but I’ve always said ‘don’t cheat on people who do you good’. This applies to absolutely everything from relationships, restaurants and of course, your nails.
7. The nail shop is most likely named:
And of course it has no affiliation with California, no staff member is called Lisa and they don’t specialise in crystals or crowns either.
8. They’ll say designs cost extra and make up a random figure at the end and you’ll have no choice but to pay it.
9. Sometimes they just don’t get it right, you’ll ask for ombre and they’ll give you flowers. *deep sigh*
10. Some of them just aren’t clean, which in this case, just leave. If it’s cheap, it usually isn’t quick or good. And if it’s good, it doesn’t mean its cheap or quick.
All photos belong to me but the gifs are sourced from GIPHY as per usual.